27 Apr 2014

A Captured Fairy

Ages ago these little captured fairies (in a jar) were very popular. I made some for a couple of friends..One in particular was for a friends little girl who was having trouble sleeping due to them living near to cemetry..We made up a little story about the fairy being there to make sure she wasn't frightened...and she mustn't open the jar and let her out...she was absolutely thrilled with it!! Her fairy was a lot cuter than the one in this jar....

This one I started for another friend....but got left unfinished on the shelf for about ...oh must be over a year!! oh dear that's really bad..so when Anita told us about the challenge over on Arty Inklings I thought i would finish it and enter it into the challenge here...

It started life as a jar of pickles I believe..using a hot glue gun I placed the reindeer moss into the bottom and added some twigs from the garden, and some paper flowers. I cut out the image which I downloaded from the internet and placed her into the jar too.

I stuck old book pages on the back of the jar and gave them a wash with fresco's acrylic paint. Stuck some lace around the top and loads of flowers. The one on the top is tattered florals from Tim Holtz. I also added some fine netting and cut a tag.


On the tag you usually name the fairy..and where she was found...also a little story about her..should you wish...




 Thanks for stopping by............................

8 comments:

  1. Oh crimes that's TREEMENDOUS. Love it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a great story! love the captured fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you made it!! That's so sweet, love it. Thanks for making the time to take part xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I have got to have one of these. Lin it is really lovely. I've never seen one before. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Lin. Love the story behind these makes & so glad you decided to finish this. Wonder if my littlies would like a fairy in a jar from Mamma! Needless to say I didn't get back to my bottle this morning :-(

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful idea, hope it helps the little girl to rest easy:-) x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..