16 Feb 2014

Little suitcase inspired by Julie Ann Lee

The Paper Artsy blog has been buzzing this week!! So many new products..it makes your head spin!! I was lucky enough to see most of them last week at Stevenage and oh my word...bankrupt comes to mind!

It was Julie ann's turn this week and she treated us to a very beautiful little suitcase which you can pop over and see here. I didn't have much time this week and had a week from hell at work but remembered that I had some of these little cases...so determined to have a play with not only them but my new goodies I got last week!!

So this is my version of the little suitcase..the photos aren't brilliant as the light wasn't very good although the sun is out and it's like a spring day!!



I gave the case a coat of gesso then added a base coat of dusty teal. Then layers of chutney,tikka, seaweed and chartreuse until I was happy with the colour.
I randomly stamped the script stamp from the new LP28 in black. I added more layers over the top.





 I added some black candi along the straps on the case.I tore a piece of an old book and coloured it with vintage photo distress ink, then stamped the word Illustration from a Sarah Newman set.







On the inside I lined it with some of my new Chatsworth papers. I put a wash of the chutney paint to tie in the colours. I sprinkled some black frantage in the bottom and melted it very slowly so that it melted in blobs...a little trick I picked up from Jo Myhill.
I stamped some script in black archival.














I wanted t try out all my new images so took some playing cards and gave them a coat of gesso. they are just the right size for inside the case. I stamped my images from LP28 and 29 in black versafine and painted them in the same colour frescos as the box. I added in Jofy's Amethyst for contrast.















I punched a hole in the corner of them with my cropodile and just tied them with some fibers.
As you can see they fit very nucely into the case..just the right size and I can add to them when I get the rest of the Lynn Perella collection..because you really do need all of them!!
Lastly a touch of treasure gold here and there...




thanks for stopping by.......................................














12 comments:

  1. wow, Lin - I was just thinking to myself, I wonder if you've finished - and up popped your link!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the cards decorated with the LP stamps - lovely. I think I feel some more spending coming on... wonder if I can wait till Ally Pally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh gorgeous and love your cards, images are stunning!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lin, great use of the new papers, they are perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful ! the new colours work so well on the case and the cards are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is genius Lin. Love everything but especially the inside of the case. New stamps look fab. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your suitcase inside and outde! The candy are a great idea and so is that Frantage in blobs, looks like old papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lin, this amazing! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, as I've been looking after Mum. I love the playing cards, the colours you used and how you created a distressed look. Thank you so much for playing along, especially as you've been having such a rotten time at work. Congrats on your win too! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful suitcase, fab colour choices. You have done a great job distressing and aging it. Loving all the tags:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love those beautifully coloured images on the playing cards!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your little case, Lin - and, like Lucy, I think the stamping and colouring of the LPs on the cards is fabulous. My favourite bits though are that book page label on the front, and the clever black studs on the straps - so cool!!
    Hope this week is kinder to you at work...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Wow Linthis is really good I love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lin, that is SOOOO beautiful!!! I love the splashes of black frantage on the inside & the playing cards look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..