26 Jan 2014

Brayering with Ellen Vargo

We had another new guest over on the Paper Artsy blog this week..Ellen Vargo. She did some lovely pieces for us and you can see them all here. I have had a brayer for a long time and usually use to make sure something has stuck down properly. But inspired by Ellen I thought I would have a go using it with my frescos. I started out with an A4 piece of card.
Using guacamole,limelight,pumpkin soup,smoked paprika and a tinsy bit of snowflake I just kept adding very thin layers until I liked what I saw. I cut 4 pieces and stamped with various stamps, paint and my white shaprie just played around with them. They are all mounted onto black card and don't ask me what I am going to do with them because I don't know lol!!!

                                                                                       



                                


 Thanks for stopping by....

.






11 comments:

  1. They're great hunni. Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! totally love the first one with the deep red stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis good to play around with stuff. Like the combo of colours and sure that you will use them for something. Love them. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, each cards are beautiful layers and background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to the 4th piece - lol??? Make them into cards, the first one would make a great male card and the other 2 fab birthday cards.

    Love your doodled border.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. What great cards - the dragonfly's my favourite... there's just something about that stamp!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your BG's Lin, they look beautifully blended and really interesting. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Lin, love the contrasts between the reds & greens & the dots you put to outline the lines on card one are fantastic. My fave is the butterfly, not sure why it is a stunning image.

    Am glad you said you don't know what to do with them. Keep wondering what everyone does with their makes. Usually I know who/why am making something but have made items recently just to join in with a particular challenge. Thanks for sharing your uncertainty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow another gorgeous set of 'cards' from Ellen's inspiration. Love the sunburst effect on the first one and the others are all great too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lin, these are completely stunning, the one with the PA head might be my favourite.....

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..