8 Sept 2013

Swanstitch challlenge

It's time for the September challenge over on the Artyinklings blog...you can read all about it here..

Anita did a lovely canvas and asked us to do our own interpretation of it, and here is mine.


I didn't have a canvas as such so used a sheet of primed canvas from a book. I stuck it to a piece of grey board. I painted it with butternut, smoked paprika,claret,haystack and pumpkin soup frescos. I layered and blended them until I was happy with the background. I cut a dress form using a sizzix die out of some this plastic I got from paper chase can't think what it's called. I mixed some grunge paste with black paint and stenciled it onto the canvas. I also used another stencil up in the corner with plain grunge paste. When that was dry I put the stencil back over it but bumped it slightly to get a white shadow effect.
Using a mask I went around the dress form with a different stencil, then went over the whole canvas again with the original colours. I stamped some script and dots on the dress, randomly over the canvas and added a bow. I used Florentine treasure gold to highlight the stand on the dress form Stamped a quote with a Wendy Vechi stamp and added some small black pearls up in the corner. Edged the canvas with little black dress and done!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your version, Lin! the dress form looks great against the background.... my GP is just drying for mine whilst I had my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on the canvas Lin, love your colour combo and the way you've created your original canvas from a book.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the stencilling behind the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of the canvas Lin! Beautiful colours in the background and the GP design top right is really lovely.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn colors in the background and fabulous stenciled around the dress.
    I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful autumn color in the background and fabulous stenciled around the dress.
    I love it Lin!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..