18 Aug 2013

Just slap it on!!

This week on the Paper Artsy blog one of the special birthday guests was the very talented Michelle Webb. She did an absolutely stunning piece..you can pop over and see it here. I didn't have a plywood frame or the gorgeous Jofy stamps she used so had to do my own version. I did however just slap it all on in the nicest possible way of course!! and here it is...



I followed along with what Michelle did...well after a fashion with the just slap it on technique.. I didn't like the way my crackle turned out down the side so sanded it all back to distress it as much as possible. When I was happy with the background I added the stamps from Jofy10 and painted them with fresco paints. I then stenciled on the grass and bird cages and painted them. I roughly went over the stamps with a black pen to bring them to the front again..The branches and birds were also painted in with fresco and the cages just had a light rub with white fire and pewter treasure gold. I went around the edge very lightly with onyxite treasure gold.

8 comments:

  1. my first reaction was 'oh wow' - this is beautiful, Lin!! What a creative week we've all had!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lin (snap Helen), this came out brilliantly!!! It looks absolutely fantastic, where ya gonna hang it?

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another 'wow' from me! That is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are on a roll Lin, this turned out beautifully, the colours and background look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I think that's fabulous Lin - considering you slapped it on it's a slap up job! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard when you only crack a section to get that to blend in with the rest of the board.

    Love the end result Lin, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Lin this is absolutely beautiful! Love the little blue birds and I neeeed that grass stencil, lol! Your background is fab and I just think this is so pretty. Beautifully coloured JoFy flowers ........... I love it all!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Lin - like a fairy tale! I love it! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..