14 Aug 2013

Have a Heart

Just a quick post...I have been playing around this morning before getting ready for work. I had a go at Frances project on day 1 over on the PA blog. You can see it here.

I took a size 8 tag and gave it a thin coat of blood orange, dried that and added a thin coat of crackle glaze, dried that and added a layer of snowflake. I distressed the edges and added a small amount of black ink.
Next I cut two paper artsy primitive hearts and stuck them together, added a thick layer of grunge paste and pushed a chain into it....let that all dry. I painted it in london bus and when that was dry sanded it back to reveal some of the grunge paste underneath. I gave it 2 coats of gloss glaze and let that dry.
To finish it off I wrapped some chain around and added a tiny padlock and key from my stash..stuck it to the tag and added some black ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by......

13 comments:

  1. Oooh you've got some fab crackle going on there, love the heart and the way you've wrapped the chain.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, I am determined to get my crackle cracking again... the heart looks fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Love the heart Lin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the yummy yummy texture, love it!
    thanks for playing along :)

    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, love the crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely tag! I love the Crackle, the heart and the colour combo - really really nice! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Crackle ... sorry no pun intended there lol, another great piece of art Lin. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous Lin, I love your heart and the added touch of the lock is fantastic. I'm so loving the sentiment Love stamp, do you mind me asking where you got it from? Mind you some of my sentiment stamps I use are so old they probably not made any more lol. Kezzy :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the red crack, and red heart on top. Simple and elegant!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crackle you have going on in the background Lin and the heart look fab. Lots of lovely texture!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..