13 May 2013

London

I had time yesterday to have a play in my shed.what shall I do?? I have a few new dies that I haven't used yet so out came the Arch frame dies.

                                                     
I started by cutting 8 of the frames from some thin greyboard I got from ebay many moons ago. I used the small arches die to cut the middle out of all but 2 of them. I stuck them together in two's to make them more stable.

Next I painted them all in Bora Bora fresco.I blended in some Autumn Fire on the base frame. Next up a I stenciled a teardrop stencil in snowflake and stamped a clock. Knocked it all back with watered down snowflake and stamped some text in sienna achival. The top frame was given the grunge paste treatment just for a bit of interest,  a row of birds stamped along the bottom and a small script stamp in black archival.

I stamped umbrella man in black archival and gave him a slight shadow with a blue neocolor II. I then painted over him in PA pearl glaze. Then pieced it all together using foam pads.I made the crown using beeswax and my melt pot from I mold I had made. I painted it black and went over it with copper treasure gold. I also added the copper around the edge of the frame along with a tiny bit of ruby. I stamped London on a piece of card painted with bora bora and autunm fire and put it in the frame on foam squares. Lastly I ran masking tape around the side to hide the foam squares and painted it bora bora and stamped the text on it..

Thanks for stopping by.....







                                                                                                                   

6 comments:

  1. I love how you've given Umbrella Man a shadow, and the colours are beautiful. Loving that bora bora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fab idea re the masking tape, shall have to remember that one for next time.

    The arches are fab aren't they and I love what you've created with them.

    Your row of birds and grunge paste look fab.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful & the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely idea. I particularly like the little birds and the arch looks great. Super colours and textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. That deep arch is brilliant,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the depth to the arch too and would never have thought of the Bora Bora and Autumn Fire together but they look fab. Love the beeswax crown too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..