1 Mar 2013

Paper Artsy with Suzz

On Wednesday Suzz made a lovely frame called Courage and Dreams...as pink is not my usual colour I thought I would like to have a go at what Suzz had done.


I didn't have a frame so used a piece of grey-board.
Firstly I painted the background with moonlight and
a touch of lilac frescos.

I don't have any of the dylusion sprays so mixed some cranberry colour wash with some snowflake and roughly dabbed some around the edges. I stamped the girl from ID02 on smoothy white card, cut her out and stuck her down. Gave her a slight shadow with portfolios. I stamped  the letters from ID04 down the side using archival mangenese blue. I used one of my fav little script stamps from Clocks C1 in french ultramarine in the background.

Sprayed the roses in cranberry colour wash and added a bit of white, added chain and baubles with ribbon to the top. Finally I framed it with aged mahogany distress ink and threw on some cerise pink scrim around the edges and the baubles...done!! I know it is very much the same as Suzz but wanted to see how I got on with those colours...

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lin! I love the cranberry colour mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this turned out beautiful! Love how the wash blended and gave the same soft effect! Sweet! Happy to see this lovely entry this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great inspired by project Lin, I really like the deeper pink tones to this project.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..