9 Mar 2013

Inspiration from Michelle Webb

Michelle Webb is the guest designer over on the paper artsy blog this week and she has inspired me to do a page in my altered book. Well a double page...haven't done anything in my book for a while so thought I would have a play seeing as I have the weekend off!!



I wanted it to be a bright cheery page so went for haystack, pumpkin soup and smoked paprika frescos, similar colours to day one I think it was. So I painted out the pages with snowflake as it is [or was] a gardening book and had shrubs all over the page. Next up I  painted in my three colours   layering until I was happy with how it looked.





Next I stamped some of the leaves and flowers from ELB01..Lin Brown's new stamps. The leaves are in honeydew with a touch of hey pesto and the flowers are haystack and smoked paprika...I then did some more layers of paint using the original colours. Took the swirl stamp from HP1005 and stamped around the edges with smoked paprika.


I used brown shed fresco and stenciled some script randomly over both pages, stamped a very small script in black versafine and also some tiny dots l in black . I painted a size 8 tag the same as my pages and stuck it down.

I then stamped the flower from HP1005 on my page going over the tag as well...edged the tag with black portfolios... and edged the pages with black versafine...just need to write some journal-ling on the other page...so thank you Michelle you got me thinking I need to finish that book!!!



This is the page I need to do the journalling on....Thanks for stopping by!!








5 comments:

  1. Loving your blogs Lin .... Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love the bright colours, and that stamp is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Lin, I think wer'e all in love with these colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your two pages for journaling and next, the stamps you used and the colors, all is really wonderful !!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome Lin, this is a gorgeous page, I love it lots! The colours are warm and and the stamping is wonderful. I like your brush strokes too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave a comment..really is appreciated..